Tuesday 16 March 2010

Fantasia Bulan Madu

Amy Search was at the pinnacle of his singing career when I was sort of struggling at mine (I didn't get very far anyway). Being then a working mom with school-going children, I was not  into the entertainment scene at all. To me Amy Search was just another rocker, one of the better-looking ones I might add, the one with that banshee voice. With names like "Amy", "Awie", "Man Bai", etc rather than decent ones like Jamal Abdillah or Sudirman Hj. Arshad, I was more than happy to give these wailing rockers a miss.

Until 20 or so years and many kilograms later...

I sat up and took notice when I learnt from Kak Teh's Choc-a-Bloc Blog that Amy was performing in the UK. He has still kept his good looks and I was wondering whether he could still hit those high notes, being that he was older now (and a Tuan Haji to boot).

Anyway, somehow in my retirement years, this song from Amy pulak struck a chord within. Fantasia hahahah.....





I still wonder if he really reached those notes at his UK tour.

Written by the maestro M.Nasir, this song has powerful lyrics and I'd like to dedicate it to all oldish lovers of bloggerstan, and especially to Lady mamasita and Sir sakmongkol. Enjoy guys!

No comments: