Zen Habits suggested 55 ways as per the list below; some of them are quite interesting and can be done immediately.
1. Change your socks midway through the day for refreshment.
2. Rock out loud - a quick one-song rock out loud session is an effective way to beat back exhaustion.
Zendy's suggestion: (Click on "Play full song here")
3. Get rid of the stuffy nose - clear up your sinuses (and your mind).
4. Work with your body’s clock.
5. Have a piece of chocolate - we get an endorphin buzz from chocolate (Zendy: This I can do right now)
6. Have an afternoon power snack.
* mixed nuts
* nonfat yogurt
* apple and peanut butter
* frozen berrie smoothie
* trail mix
* granola bar
7. Hit up the water cooler for inconsequential banter - a little midday gossip and random banter is a great pick-me-up
8. Eat lots of berries. - All types of berries help fight fatigue and are delicious to boot
9. Wear brighter colors -(Zendy: Malaysians know this one)
10. Take a power nap - Keep it short: 5-10 minutes max.
11. Flirt - It’s fun, it’s harmless (keep it innocent), and it’s effective. Nothing quite gets the heart pumping like a little flirting (Zendy: Baik toksah)
12. Aromatherapy with lavender.
13. Wake up at the same time everyday.
14. Drink lots of water -Dehydration is a sinister cause of fatigue because it slowly creeps up on you. (Zendy: I try to go for 1 big bottle everyday)
15. Use caffeine wisely - Coffee provides a shot of energy, but can also become a counterproductive dependence. (Zendy: 1 mug a day for me, more than that spells insomnia, less equals withdrawal headache)
16. Avoid energy drinks.
17. Eat low glycemic (low or complex carb) foods.
18. Eat more soluble fiber.
19. Get your Vitamin C. (Zendy: I'm a firm believer in C)
20. Sniff some citrus.
In addition to the Vitamin C, citrus scents (like orange, lemon and lime) stimulate alertness. So lather on some of that lemon scented lotion. (Zendy: I love citrus)
21. Cover the B Vitamins. (Zendy: Makes me hungry all the time)
22. Quit smoking - Ex-smokers frequently report an energy boost of 2-3x when they quit smoking.
23. Play to relax - like Scrabble on Facebook but have a strict time limit
24. Eat smaller, more frequent meals.
25. Enjoy a cup of tea. (Zendy: with my chocolate!)
26. Splash some water on your face. (Zendy: OK done)
27. Stand up, stretch and take a couple of deep breaths. (Zendy: done)
28. Get your world organized - reduce the clutter
29. Look on the bright side.
30. Take a mini-vacation - Take one day and just do whatever you want. No work, no chores, no errands. Enjoy your one full day of vacation, then come back to work more motivated and energetic.
31. Eat a satisfying breakfast but a light lunch (Zendy: Rice at lunch makes me drowsy after half an hour)
32. Choose protein over fat or carbs.
33. Shed a few pounds.
34. Listen to tunes while you work.
35. Start exercising.
36. Eliminate stress.
37. Have more sex - Talk about an endorphin rush! (Zendy: Hey! Ingat bende ni Touch N Go ke?)
38. Move gym time to the morning.
39. Purge low-value tasks from your todo list.
40. Avoid the mid-day cocktail.
41. Get a massage (Zendy: Thai is best)
42. Dress up.
43. Don’t drink yourself to sleep.
44. Get a thyroid test from your doctor.
45. Take a walk outside.
46. Lower your blood pressure.
47. Rotate yogurt into your diet.
48. Have a laugh. (Zendy: Blogs can be hilarious)
49. Add more cardio to your gym time.
50. Take up yoga. (Zendy: Auummm.....)
51. Eat eggs. (Zendy: Luv 'em)
52. Get a good night’s sleep - If you’re falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow (or while sitting at your desk), that’s a symptom of sleep deprivation.
53. Get more ginseng.
54. Socialize - Turn off the Internet and go socialize with friends. (Zendy: I do this too)
55. Get on your toes - Roll up and down on your toes. This stimulates your circulatory system, which will deliver much-needed oxygen and fuel (glucose) throughout your body. You’ll be more energized and sharper. You can do this right now.
Read the article in full here
The weekend's a good time to start - Aku Boleh!