Monday 14 September 2009

Specially for my new Abo friend, Tomee




MY BOOMERANG WON'T COME BACK
Charlie Drake - 1961


(Oom-yacka-wurka, oom-yacka-wurka, oom-yacka-wurka)

In the bad backlands of Australia
Many years ago,
The aborigine tribes were meeting,
Having a big pow-wow.

(Oom-yacka-wurka, oom-yacka-wurka)

"We got a lot of trouble, Chief,
On account of your son Mack."
"My boy Mack? Why, what's wrong with him?"
DRAKE: My boomerang won't come back.
"Your boomerang won't come back?"

DRAKE: My boomerang won't come back,
My boomerang won't come back,
I've waved the thing all over the place,
Practised till I was black in the face,
I'm a big disgrace to the Aborigine race,
My boomerang won't come back.

DRAKE: I can ride a kangaroo (yeah yeah)
Make kinkajou stew (yeah yeah)
But I'm a big disgrace to the Aborigine race,
My boomerang won't come back.

They banished him from the tribe then
And sent him on his way,
He had a backless boomerang
So here he could not stay.

(Animal noises)

DRAKE: [Spoken] This is nice, innit? Getting banished at my time of life. What a way to spend an
evening: sitting on a rock in the middle of the desert with me boomerang in me hand. I shall very
likely get bushwhacked.

(An animal roars; Drake shrieks back.)

DRAKE: Get out of it! You nasty bushwhacking animal. Think I'll make a nice cup of tea. (Doing, doing,
doing...) Good gracious! There goes a kangaroo. I must have a practice with me boomerang: hit him right
behind the left earhole. Now then, slowly back.

Gruff voice: If you throw that thing at me, I'll jump right on your head. (It chuckles and bounces away.)

DRAKE: Innit marvellous? Got a land full of kangaroos and I had to pick that one.

For three long months he sat there
Or maybe it was four,
Then an old old man in a kangaroo skin
Came a-knocking at his door.

"Well, I'm the local witch doctor, son,
They call me George Alfred Black.
Now tell me, what's your trouble, boy?"
DRAKE: My boomerang won't come back.
"Your boomerang won't come back?"

DRAKE: My boomerang won't come back,
My boomerang won't come back,
I've waved the thing all over the place,
Practised till I was black in the face,
I'm a big disgrace to the Aborigine race,
My boomerang won't come back.

"Don't worry, boy, I know the trick,
And to you I'm gonna show it.
If you want your boomerang to come back,
Well first you've got to... throw it."

DRAKE: Ooh, yes! Never thought of that. Daddy will be pleased. Must have a go, nyuh-huh! Excuse me.
Now then, slowly back... and throw.

(Boomerang whizzes away; Sounds of a plane approaching and then falling from the sky.)

DRAKE: Ooh my God! I've hit the flying doctor. Eee-hee-hee! Can you do first aid?
Witch Doctor: Don't talk to me about first aid, boy, you owe me fourteen chickens, you know, when
I learned you to throw the boomerang, you know, first things first.
DRAKE: Yes, I know that, but I mean, I think on this occasion, you know, you could be a bit more
perspective...........



Or YEW COULD start a blog Tomee! or I'll get the pirate onto yew.....

6 comments:

Capt's Longhouse said...

Zendra,

My guess is that this fellow don't know how to-lah ?.hehe...pandai comments sahaja, memang ada orang perangai gitu kot ??.
nak kata bodoh tak, sombong pon tak, just slow hahaha !!
Tommy you need help ?.. Zen is here to kid glove you along yaa !!
don't be shy buddy, many in your shoe too..just cannot lock on as an active blogger hohohoo.
try harder o.k. slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Capt

Zendra-Maria said...

Tomee ni ada sikit macam Capt jugak - i.e dah tua lagi beruban haha - only that he is slightly more wiser than us for not revealing himself to all and sundry through a blog.

Us being us, we sometimes get carried away and expose ourselves, warts and all to the cyber-population hahaha.

But Tomee, like a boomerang, he comes back or disappears as he wishes. Betul tak Tommy?

And you do dispense some wise thoughts when you're sober - like a true Abo!

Tommy Yewfigure said...

Oh dear me ZZ, I must give it to u, so witty & mischievous. I must say u know me so well. Hey how come I never see u ‘expose yourself’…hahaha…, warts & all too! Hold your horses there missy, I don’t wished to be elbowed in the face & kneed to the groin by those scrawny limbs of yours (circa 1970s?)…kekekek, & not to mentioned oso those knives flying out from those mata sepet….muahaha.

As for the Kapitan, what more can I say, blardy ‘All Black’ supporter, so ugly that they need to tattoo their own faces, cannot even beat the Springboks at home, malu lah woi. Only good thing about them is Dan Carter that look abit like me lah, pure hensome!

Hey Kapitan, I maybe be slow, yes, in this day & age u need to be lah, with all these politically correctness thingy going around, u cud upset ppl so easily, so best I not start my own blog, nanti kena hantam cow-cow!

Hey u guys take it easy & don’t overly indulge yourself over this festive season. Enjoy in moderation!

Tomee,

P/S – FYI Capt; Ah Soh don’t allow me to go to Siam coz ‘TomYam’ there too blardy hot & spicey & simply too irresistible, kata Robert Palmer!

Zendra-Maria said...

Tomee, you sudah kena my serkap jarang kah? Wah I didn't realise I terror baca orang... Guess what? It takes one to know one lah... wink,wink

Have to agree with you about the All Blacks - their hukka magic's not working much anymore, but Wallabees lagi malulah punya performance....

Anonymous said...

Wah,

Tommy Yew got special post from ZZ...hahaha

Saya

Zendra-Maria said...

Saya, just click on his profile pic and look at the file-name. He truly deserves that special post hehe