Ten interesting facts about myself, on whose lap an award has now landed.
Oh my, this is such a walk in the park because I am as uninteresting as they come. So here are the boring details:
- I am a wife, a daughter, a mother of five and a sister to eight - my position being smack in the middle between two elder brothers, two elder sisters, two younger brothers and two younger sisters.
- I am at the best age to be i.e. 55 years - retired from a lack-lustre career, free from the ups and downs of hormonal fluctuations, not too bogged down by the demands of a family, and still have the energy to indulge in my favourite pastimes.
- My physique is similar to that of Madonna's .....hahahahahaha...... just wishful thinking. I am tall for a Malay woman... and a Malay man even, at 5 feet 6 inches or 166 cms bare-footed. This is very useful especially in a crowded lift or LRT where I am able to breathe air quite easily, and not someone else's stinky deodorant.
- My friend Nah, formerly a HR counselor, analysed me as being a shy "one-liner" person, on first viewing that is, and my hidden charm and warmth are only discoverable by a discerning few. Waah! Like an unpolished diamond. Hanya jauhari yang mengenal manikam.
- Nah is also one of my poco-poco teachers, the other being S.Ezan. Attending 1.5 hour poco-poco classes twice a week is something I enjoy tremendously, which helps somewhat in the keep-fit department. Occasionally I tag-along with the mak-datins to their all-ladies functions where we let off steam poco-pocoing to our hearts content. There's one coming up on the 24th of July - anyone interested?
- I enjoy gym work-outs too, but I can't seem to shift this body-fat percentage of 38% any lower. Darn! But WTH, a gurl has got to have some fat, otherwise a hunk she'd be. Nobody loves a she-hunk, owh nowh!
- As a consolation (to me at least), my body-mass index stands at 25.8 which is just slightly overweight..... on account of my dense bones......... Really, no joke......... hehe
- OK, OK I love to eat too. Chocolates, burgers, kebabs, steaks, lamb-chops, roast lamb, sea-food, rice, noodles, pasta, pies, fries, chips, nuts, keropok, kerepek, bread, cheese, milk, cereal, jagung, pisang goreng, keledek goreng, keladi goreng....... you name it - except cakes, and kuih-kuih. So that quite easily explains the 38%.
- I love travelling to foreign countries as well, especially on holidays with my family. Rather than sightseeing, I am more inclined towards people-watching, listening to their mother-tongue being spoken, and I would likely try to speak a few phrases myself.
- And finally (phew), there is a salasilah in mum's family, the authenticity of which I cannot attest, which indicates a Bugis ancestry from the line of the infamous plundering brothers, whilst father's side is mainly Malay as suggested by his stocky build and slightly heavy moustache. We have tall genes in our clan; many of our males hover at six-feet, and are athletes (at least at school). I cannot guess where these genes come from.
Anyway, tahdaaah! Sudah ditebuk.